- Michigan Economic Development Corporation MEDC delivers tailored assistance to invest and expand your operations and workforce in Michigan communities. Through collaboration with more than 100 partners, we have tools and resources to support businesses at any stage of growth. No matter your business size, industry, or your community needs, the MEDC’s many programs and local and regional partners have resources to help you. MEDC has funding resources for small to medium-size businesses.
- Market Van Buren is a subsidiary of Kinexus Group, a $15 million Southwest Michigan-based non-profit, Market Van Buren has principal responsibilities for economic and community development throughout Cass and Van Buren counties. We connect people, investments, and organizations with strategies and services that improve the quality of life and economic conditions in our region, specifically in our two-county service area. Our staff focuses on developing strategies that will allow our communities to thrive by addressing needs related to workforce, community, and business development. We work collaboratively with regional organizations to maximize economic growth.
- MEDC Initiate Business Retention Training Series - The Initiate resource portal covers topics such as money, marketing, and management resources by using a variety of learning methods including videos, templates, and guides. To best position our business community to access these tools, the MEDC is partnering with community and economic development organizations, financial institutions, and other small business support organizations to work one on one with businesses at the local level.
- U.S. Small Business Administration, created in 1953, continues to help small business owners and entrepreneurs pursue the American dream. SBA is the only cabinet-level federal agency fully dedicated to small business and provides counseling, capital, and contracting expertise as the nation’s only go-to resource and voice for small businesses.
- Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 11 million entrepreneurs start, grow or successfully exit a business. SCORE's 10,000 volunteers provide free, expert mentoring, resources and education in all 50 U.S. states and territories.
- America’s SBDC represents America’s nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) – the most comprehensive small business assistance network in the United States and its territories. SBDCs are hosted by leading universities, colleges, state economic development agencies and private partners, and funded in part by the United States Congress through a partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration. There are nearly 1,000 local centers available to provide no-cost business consulting and low-cost training to new and existing businesses. Small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs can go to their local SBDCs for FREE face-to-face business consulting and at-cost training on a variety of topics. Learn more about how SBDCs are helping local businesses start, grow and thrive.
- Cassopolis Main Street Façade Grant - Cassopolis Main Street is dedicated to improving the vibrancy of Downtown Cassopolis. Since 2020 Cassopolis Main Street has given out over $40,000 in Façade Grants to improve the exterior appearance of locally owned small businesses. Building owners and occupants can apply for up to $5,000 in matched funding. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and grants are awarded as funding is available.
- Match on Main is a reimbursement grant program, provided by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), that serves as a tool to support new or expanding place-based businesses by providing up to $25,000 in funding to support an eligible small business through an application submitted, administered, and managed by the local unit of government, downtown development authority, or other downtown management or community development organization where the business is located. The next round of Match on Main is anticipated to be announced ~November 2023.
- 27 Small-Business Grants for Women (Nerd Wallet)
The Southwest Michigan Advanced Research and Technology (SMART) Park sits on roughly 400 acres adjacent to Midwest Energy & Communications (MEC), the founders of the park. MEC is an electric cooperative, fiber internet provider, and propane provider. The SMART Park boasts complete infrastructure, road & rail access, and telecommunication solutions to provide truly development ready sites. The SMART Park has 176 acres of Industrial zoning and 32 acres of Commercial. Hydro, a leader in the aluminum value chain, is the first tenant in the SMART Park and is set to begin production in their new state of the art aluminum recycling plant in the fall of 2023. Make the smart move for your company’s future and call Dave Allen, MEC Vice President of Regulatory & Gas Operations, to schedule a personal tour and conversation. 269-445-1081 / Dave.Allen@teammidwest.com
Interested in locating or expanding your business in the Village of Cassopolis? Contact Emilie LaGrow, Village Manager, to discuss resources, funding opportunities, and site selection.
269-445-8648 / firstname.lastname@example.org